Joint ITSCI- RMI Announcement
2 December 2022
ITSCI and the RMI Engage in Constructive Dialogue
ITSCI and the RMI share the goal of enabling responsible sourcing and have engaged in a constructive dialogue regarding RMI recognition of ITSCI as an upstream system. Both organizations are committed to continue constructive engagement and communication, including with members, auditees, and stakeholders.
To that end, ITSCI and the RMI held in-depth discussions last week to enhance common understanding of recognition and meaningful due diligence. Topics included the following:
- The RMI upstream mechanism recognition process, including timelines related to the RMI’s announcement;
- Examples of RMAP audit evidence requirements for smelters’ due diligence for CAHRA sourcing;
- ITSCI’s second alignment assessment currently underway and commitment to public alignment assessment reporting.
ITSCI and the RMI both support implementation of the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas and recognize that companies retain individual responsibilities for due diligence while making use of, but not solely relying on, any initiative or scheme.
Additional conversations are scheduled to achieve a positive outcome as soon as possible, and ITSCI and the RMI will periodically provide updates on progress and next steps.
For more information, please contact:
- Jennifer Peyser, RMI Executive Director, email@example.com
- Mickaël Daudin, ITSCI Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org